This time I'm writing about my PTD journey thus far.
I'm trying to go from PT to PTD.(physio to pegawai tadbir diplomatik)
PTD( Pegawai Tadbir dan Diplomatik)
I tried applying for this post online via SPA's website in the midnight of the new year of 2010.
It was early Jan 1st 2010. After submitting my form, then I didn't give much thought to this.
I never thought i'd be called whatsoever, I was just trying my luck.
Why I decided to try for this instead of U41 Physio post in govt, it was because some ppl said it won't be easy to get, got to fight with tons of KKM seniors...so I didn't wanna fight....another thing was I was worried that I might get some outskirts hospital, difficult for me to move there.funny that I never gave thoughts about this when I was thinking abt PTD.
So,ok...I carried on with work in dear PPUM...then March 2010 arrived, two of my closest work buddies decide they are leaving....gosh !!! It wasn't the shock of them leaving so soon, but it was the company that i was missing. Going to work wasn't the same anymore. I felt bored, frustrated with work system and felt lonely at work. Then I decided since I was to being alone, I need to get out of this place, and be alone somewhere than be in this place where the system just does twirl or me anymore.
Then somewhere in Sept 2010,my life changed. I decide to move from this place where I've been working for 8years and to venture into something new. Out into the private sector.the corporate world.
Well, I was given a managerial post, things were diff, pay was lucrative in the physio-sense of it and most of all, the set-up is small, so it shoulde have been easier to talk to your superiors.and so i I thought!!!!being naive and kind does not get you anywhere in this man eat man world. Things were weird for me.I really can't fit in.
Then mid October, letter from the govt reached Taman Muda, the all so important address for important letters for me. I was selected for the1st lap of PTD test. It was to be a written exam. Objective questions and essays. Went for it, worried and scared. It was held in SMK Bangsar. Saw many young girls and boys there, made me feel old ...gosh, but what the heck...just gave it a shot.
Then things went on, till this year 2011,somewhere in Jan or Feb...I found out I passed Lap 1...and have to go for lap 2. This was the PAC, which is the Programme Assessment Centre.
Here we're tested on our opinions, our language skills, our problem solving skills, and public speaking skills.
There was also physical test, whereby they made us run 2.4 km.I don't think I scored here, as it was a rainy day...I dint wanna slip and fall and hurt myself. BTW, my PAC was held in INTAN, Jalan Elmu.
So so near for me, thank God for that.
As days go by,the feeling of me wanting to get this job just got stronger.
Not because I'm dying to be a officer, but it would be great though.
Just can 't wait to go back to stability. Fixed rules. No grey areas.
Well...then news has it that I also passed my PAC, found out on15th may2011.
I was ecstatic...dunno why.
Now to the last lap...the Semi FINALS....seems like American Idol....slowly...everyone goes through a process of elimination...and the best ONE wins....thank God...for this, they need more than 1 winner....:)
9th June2011...my D -day....big INTERVIEW Day...also was a good friends' birthday. hope her birthday lucks falls on me too.
Reached SPA, Jalan Cenderasari early. Registered myself, thinking that if there were others ahead of me, they'd be first to be interviewed.Too bad...I happen to be the first candidate in the first room.
Our names have been pre-divided into respective rooms, and sequence.
But I was glad it was over by8.30 am...but I was practically shaking throughout.
All in all it WAS an experience, this whole journey.
I have finally finished my 3 laps....whatever lies ahead is up to the Almighty. But when I asked lil E,her opinion,"should mommy work in govt or private? " her innocent answer was :"govt".......that really surprised me....well, not that she knows what's the difference...butane did tell me further...." private too tough for you"....then I got really shocked...woahhh..this girl is something la....
So...My FINALE will be known on the 18th of July 2011...
All the best to me and all those who were there at the interview today...
Till we meet again...
All the very best to you Kak Deb! I'm sure you will rawk it somehow. Keep us posted on the news! *Owh yes, I'm kepochi'ing in ya blog-pages now*
ReplyDeleteHey gal..
ReplyDeletethanks for kepochi-ing...not many viewers pun..:)